Unfortunately, the problem with OTA (over-the-air) updates is that they are not released for all Android phones. It depends on your region and network carrier whether you’ll receive an OTA update or not. Thankfully, there are various ways to install official updates other than waiting for OTA. After adding the file, click “Start” to begin the flashing process. However, nowadays, you can easily root Android using the Kingoroot app, SuperSU, etc. Besides Samsung, the Flashfire app also works on Google, Motorola, Oppo, Vivo, Sony, OnePlus, Huawei, and many more Android devices.
- A clean UI will guarantee a much less convoluted experience.
- It consists of both expensive and economic models that suits everyone’s needs.
- Samsung Galaxy devices, for example, use a user interface called One UI, Xiaomi phones use MIUI, Oppo uses ColorOS, OnePlus uses OxygenOS, etc.
- They are cheaper and very good in performance without any “hanging” and “freezing” problems.
This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC.
The ROM also has the kernel, called Kernel , which is responsible for maintaining communication between the hardware and the software so that they work correctly. Finally, the ROM also contains the graphical user interface, or GUI, which allows the user to interact with the system. Every year smartphone manufacturers, among which we find Xiaomi , find themselves in the need to improve their products.
- But don’t be afraid to try ROMs with other names from lesser-known folks.
- It has a 12MP + 5MP dual rear camera and 8MP of front camera with battery capacity 3060mAh.
- The Samsung Galaxy J series are the biggest after “S” series and the “Note” series.
- We are sharing a step by step guide to install Tecno Camon 11 Official Firmware.
Even the different versions of the ROM are titled ‘baked potato’, ‘dumaloo’ etc. Here, we’ll use the Script Manager app to make a backup on Android. Here, we’ll use the On Android zip file to make a backup. The biggest obstacle to using a ROM to revert to stock is that you’re relying on someone else to create the ROM for you. If you have a popular phone with an active community on the XDA Developers forums, then this won’t be a problem. If you own a lesser-known device, a stock ROM may be harder to find. To go the whole way, you need to unroot your phone as well.
While many of you might not be familiar with the name, LineageOS is actually the same custom ROM that started as CyanogenMod. Back in the fall of 2016, Cyanogen Inc. announced that it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since then, the developer community has kept the https://www.bluebinaries.com/unlocking-the-potential-of-your-realme-c2-a-guide/ project alive, but under the name of LineageOS. Instead, the developer picks a popular and developer-centric device and creates a base.